- 2 pounds (21/25 count) shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Fruit Salsa, recipe follows
In a resealable plastic bag, add the shrimp, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, the lemongrass, 1 tablespoon of ginger and the cornstarch and combine well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a large saute pan over high heat, heat the peanut oil and add half the shrimp mixture. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes and remove. Repeat for second batch of shrimp, adding additional oil, if necessary.
Add in the red bell peppers and the onions and saute for 3 minutes, then add the jalapeno, garlic, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of ginger. Stir in the remaining soy sauce and add the shrimp back into the saute pan. Heat until warmed through. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the Fruit Salsa.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon seeded and finely diced serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 whole ripe pineapple, cut in 1/2 lengthwise and flesh removed (making 2 'boats'), core removed and fruit diced
- 3/4 cup small dice red onion
- 1 cup small dice red bell pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can apricots, drained and diced