- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- One 19-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toast the coriander, turmeric, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and cayenne in a dry skillet over high heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the oil into a large mixing bowl, and then add the toasted spices. Add the ginger, cauliflower, chickpeas and onions, and toss to coat everything evenly. Place on a sheet tray and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until browned and the cauliflower is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with cilantro sprigs and finish with a squeeze of the fresh lime juice.