Roasted Sweet Corn Chowder
- Chipotle Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons chipotle paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, zested, plus 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- Spicy Saltines:
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, unsalted (about 30)
In a small glass bowl, add the cream and beat with an electric mixer until stiff, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chipotle, salt and pepper, to taste, zest and lime juice beat until incorporated. Add the cilantro and season with salt, if necessary. Refrigerate covered until ready to use.Spicy Saltines:
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Fit a baking sheet with a rack.
Combine all of the spices in a small bowl and mix well. In a separate small bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the spices and beat until incorporated.
Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture gently onto each cracker and set them on the rack in the baking sheet. Once all are done, bake for 5 minutes. Remove and cool. Store in an air tight container.
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri