- 2 -pound pork butt, cut into 4 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Italian party hero bread, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 romaine lettuce head leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
Season pork pieces with salt and pepper. Place in a braising pan and add 1/4 cup soy sauce, water, chili garlic sauce, ketchup, and 1/4 cup vinegar. Braise for about 2 1/2 hours, covered, until fork tender. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and "pull" with forks until shredded. Add braising liquid, to taste. Cool.
Mix the remaining 1/4 cup vinegar, brown sugar, wine and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add the cucumbers and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
Drizzle the olive oil on the bread. Brown lightly, if desired.
Spread the mayonnaise on the bread and drizzle with hot sauce. Arrange the meat on the bread, top with the lettuce, marinated cucumbers, mint, and cilantro. Slice in half and serve.