- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons peeled, roughly chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3/4 cup julienne red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienne red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne bok choy
- 3/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Asian Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 6 naan wraps, purchased
Put the chicken into a resealable gallon-size plastic bag and pound with the flat side of a meat tenderizer to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the peanut oil, to a food processor, fitted with the bottom blade or a blender, and pulse 5 to 6 times for 2 seconds each or until well blended. Using a new resealable gallon-size plastic bag, add the chicken and the marinade, mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
While the chicken is marinating, prepare the Asian Mayonnaise.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and wipe off the excess with a paper towel. Heat a large saute pan over high heat and add 3 tablespoons peanut oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, stirring frequently for 3 to 4 minutes. Once cooked through, remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm. To the same pan add the red onions, carrots, red bell peppers, and bok choy and saute for 2 minutes longer. Add in the mung bean sprouts, ginger and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Spread all of the naan with the Asian Mayonnaise and top with the chicken satay saute. Roll and serve immediately.