- 1 sheet refrigerated piecrust (half a 15-ounce package)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 1/3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- Freshly whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll the piecrust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhang under and crimp the edge with a fork or your fingers. Bake the crust until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack. (Leave the oven on.)
Whisk the corn syrup, brown sugar, salt, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl, then whisk into the corn syrup mixture.
Finely chop 1/2 cup pecans and spread evenly over the piecrust. Roughly chop another
1/2 cup pecans and mix into the corn syrup mixture, then pour the filling into the crust. Arrange the remaining 1 cup pecans on top in a decorative pattern.
Bake the pie until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool completely on a rack. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Photograph by Kana Okada