Watermelon Pork Tacos in Lettuce Shells
- For the pork:
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 pounds), silver skin trimmed, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced serrano chile
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- For the salsa:
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup small (about 1/4 inch)watermelon cubes
- 1/4 English cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 large, sturdy romaine-heart
- leaves, cut into 4-inch lengths (to resemble taco shells)
Combine all the pork ingredients in a resealable plastic bag and marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, for the salsa, whisk together the rice vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Gently fold in the watermelon, cucumber and avocado. Refrigerate until chilled.
Preheat a grill to medium heat. Remove the pork from the marinade, pat dry and grill for 2 minutes on one side. Turn and grill 1 more minute; remove from the heat and let rest 3 minutes before cutting into 1/2-inch pieces.
Fill the lettuce "shells" with pork, top with salsa and devour!
Photograph by Tina Rupp
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Slices in Hoisin Sauce, Root Beer Pulled Pork in Shallot-Root Beer Jus with Tangy Onions and Jalapeno Creme Fraiche, Pork Chops in Creamy Champagne Sauce and Raisin Bread with Mascarpone and Pears, Grilling Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Pork Recipes, Pork Chop Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Pulled Pork Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.