- 1 1/4 cups kosher salt
- 6 medium russet potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Horseradish Sour Cream, recipe follows
In large mixing bowl dissolve 1 cup kosher salt in 8 cups of water. Add potatoes. Insure that all potatoes are submerged, and brine for 2 to 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the potatoes on a wire rack in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Do not puncture skin with tongs, fork, or tooth picks. Potatoes will be soft to the touch when done.
Let potatoes rest 5 minutes before cutting.
Horseradish Sour Cream:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients. Serve with potatoes.