For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 pound sliced Black Forest or other smoked ham
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 cups romaine lettuce (about 6 ounces) coarsely chopped
- 2 cups watercress, thick stems removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 avocado, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup cooked diced chicken breast 1 (6-ounce) breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort or Blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
Slice the ham into 1/2-inch strips. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high heat. Add the ham to the skillet and cook over stirring frequently, until the ham is warmed through and crisped, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Remove and discard the yolk from 1 of the hard boiled eggs. Chop the remaining egg white and whole egg and set aside.
In a large bowl toss the romaine and watercress with 2/3 of the dressing. Put the dressed greens onto a large serving dish. Place the tomatoes on top forming a row down the middle. In strips on either side of the tomatoes place the avocado, chicken, cheese, diced egg, and the crisped ham on top of the greens. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Calories 360; Total Fat 24 g; (Sat Fat 7 g, Mono Fat 13 g, Poly Fat 3 g) ; Protein 28 g; Carb 11 g; Fiber 4 g; Cholesterol 115 mg; Sodium 770 mg