MGD 64 Flank Steak
- 1 large flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles beer (recommended: Miller Genuine Draft 64)
- 12 small garlic cloves, peeled and crushed, divided
- 1/2 bunch fresh oregano, divided
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 lemons juiced, reserve the lemon shells, divided
- 4 limes juiced, reserve the lime shells, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large gallon resealable plastic bag, add the beef, 2 beers, 6 garlic cloves, 1/2 of the oregano, 1/2 of the parsley, 1/2 of the cilantro, the juice from 3 lemons, and the juice from 3 limes. Toss in the squeezed lemons and limes and seal the bag. Shake carefully to coat the beef with the beer mixture. Set aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice from remaining lemon, lime juice from the remaining lime and the olive oil. Chop the remaining 6 cloves of the garlic and stir into the vinaigrette. Chop the remaining oregano leaves, parsley leaves and the cilantro leaves and add them to the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and set aside.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Remove the meat from the marinade, shaking off the excess and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Discard the marinade. Grill the meat until charred on both sides and cooked medium-rare, about 5 minutes on each side.
Remove the meat from the grill to a cutting board and let it sit for a few minutes before cutting. Thinly slice the beef against the grain. Arrange a few slices of beef on each serving plate and spoon some of the reserved herb mixture over the top.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Herb Mesa
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen