- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to broil.
In a large bowl, mix together the herbs, garlic, pepper, salt and olive oil. Add halved tomatoes and toss well. Arrange the seasoned tomatoes, flesh side up, on a half sheet tray lined with parchment. Sprinkle liberally with the Parmesan. Put under the broiler until the cheese is browned and melted, and the tomatoes have caramelized, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.