Hoboken Eddie's Root Beer Chicken
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles root beer
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless chicken breast
- Jamaican Jerk rice:
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups white rice
- 4 tablespoons Jalapeno sauce (recommended: Hoboken Eddie's Mean Green Sauce)
- 4 tablespoons Teriyaki with Wasabi and Ginger Sauce (recommended: Hoboken Eddie's Hukilau Hanna Sauce)
- 4 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce (recommended: Hoboken Eddie's Hot Sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced*
- *When working with Scotch bonnet peppers, wear rubber gloves and be very careful.
Place root beer in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the root beer by 1/2, to a syrupy consistency, and set aside.
To make rice, bring the water to a boil, add the rice and add Hoboken Eddie's sauces to the rice. Add the cinnamon and allspice, mix well, cover, and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
Slice the bananas and saute them in the butter for approximately 3 minutes.
To serve, place a spoonful of rice on each plate, top with a chicken breast, and drizzle some of the root beer glaze on top of the chicken. Top the chicken with a thin slice of Scotch bonnet pepper and serve with banana slices.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.