Honey-Glazed Apple Pear Tart
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet (1/2 a 17.3-ounce package) all-butter frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey, warmed
- Mascarpone cheese, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
Dust a cutting board with flour and unfold the puff pastry onto it. Dust more flour over the puff pastry and gently roll out the creases. Transfer the puff pastry sheet to the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Using a fork, pierce a border around the edge of the puff pastry, 1/2-inch from the edges. Prick the center of the pastry as well, about 10 times all over. In a bowl, combine the sugar, and cinnamon.
Arrange the pear, and apple slices on top of the pastry in 4 rows or diagonally, overlapping fruit slices and avoiding the border. Brush the fruit with melted butter and top with cinnamon-sugar. Bake the tart for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and beginning to puff.
Brush honey over the fruit and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm with mascarpone cheese.
Recipe courtesy Kelsey Nixon
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine