Honey Mustard Pretzel-Coated Chicken Fingers
- 10 ounces raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 8 strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons honey mustard, plus more, for optional dipping
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 20 standard-sized (not mini) hard salted thin pretzel twists
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Meanwhile, place pretzels in sealable plastic bag, seal, and finely crush through the bag with a meat mallet or other heavy utensil. Add sugar, reseal, and shake to mix. Spread the mixture out on a large plate or in a large dish. Set aside.
Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Using tongs, transfer chicken strips to the pretzel-sugar mixture and thoroughly coat. Then transfer them to the baking sheet. (Discard excess mustard-egg mixture.) Mist the tops of the strips with nonstick spray.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through baking, until the chicken is cooked through.
Eat and enjoy!
PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe, 4 chicken fingers): 349 calories, 2.5g fat, 928mg sodium, 39g carbs, 1g fiber, 13.5g sugars, 37g protein