Hungry, Hungry Artichoke Hummus
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup fat-free vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, plus more, for optional garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, plus more, for optional garnish
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas ( garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- Serving suggestion: pita chips, cut veggies
Put all of the ingredients except for the chickpeas in a blender.
Using a potato masher or a fork, thoroughly mash the chickpeas. Transfer to the blender. Puree until smooth, stopping and stirring if blending slows.
For best flavor, refrigerate the hummus for several hours. Before serving, garnish with a sprinkle each of paprika and parsley flakes, if you like.
PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, 1/4 cup): 56 calories, 0.5g fat, 400mg sodium, 9g carbs, 3g fiber, 1g sugars, 3g protein