- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup chopped or whole pecans
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced applewood-smoked bacon, such as Nodine's
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil (for easy cleaning) and place a wire baking rack on top.
Combine the brown sugar and pecans in a food processor and process until the pecans are finely ground. Add the salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and pulse to combine. Add the maple syrup and pulse again to moisten the crumbs.
Cut each bacon slice in half crosswise and line up the pieces on the baking rack without touching. With a small spoon, evenly spread the pecan mixture on top of each piece of bacon, using all of the mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the topping is very browned but not burnt. If its underbaked, the bacon won't crisp as it cools.
While its hot, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside to cool. Serve at room temperature.
2012, Barefoot Contessa Foolproof, All Rights Reserved