Chilled Cucumber Soup with Shrimp
- 2 (17-ounce) containers Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 hothouse cucumbers, unpeeled, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 9 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (6 lemons)
- 3/4 pound cooked large shrimp, halved
- Thin slices of lemon, halved, for garnish
- Fresh dill, for garnish
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, half-and-half, cucumbers, red onion, scallions, salt, and pepper. Transfer the mixture in batches to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until the cucumbers are coarsely pureed and then pour into another bowl. Continue processing the soup until all of it is pureed. Fold in the dill, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until very cold.
Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice. Serve chilled, garnished with the shrimp, lemon, and fresh dill.