Chipotle and Rosemary Roasted Nuts
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten
Recipe courtesy Barefoot Contessa: How Easy is That? (c) 2010 by Ina Garten. By arrangement with Clarkson Potter/Random House, Inc. for Food Network Magazine
- Vegetable oil
- 3 cups whole roasted unsalted cashews (14 ounces)
- 2 cups whole walnut halves (7 ounces)
- 2 cups whole pecan halves (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whole almonds (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush a sheet pan generously with vegetable oil. Combine the cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds, 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil, the maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice and chipotle powder on the sheet pan; toss to coat. Add 2 tablespoons of the rosemary and 2 teaspoons of salt and toss again.
Spread the nuts in one layer. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring twice with a large metal spatula, until the nuts are glazed and golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 2 more teaspoons of salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons of rosemary. Toss well and set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking as they cool. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight containers at room temperature for up to a week.
Photograph by Quentin Bacon
Thank you! your flag was submitted.