Potato Basil Frittata
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups peeled and 1/2-inch diced boiling potatoes (4 potatoes)
- 8 extra-large eggs
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3/4 pound Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch ovenproof omelet pan over medium-low heat. Add the potatoes and fry them until cooked through, turning often, about 10 to 15 minutes. Melt the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter in a small dish in the microwave.
Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and place the pan in the center of the oven. Bake the frittata until it is browned and puffed, 50 minutes to 1 hour. It will be rounded and firm in the middle and a knife inserted in the frittata should come out clean. Serve hot.
Inspired by Anna Pump