Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with Green Goddess Dressing
- For the shrimp:
- 2 pounds large shrimp (14 to16 shrimp per pound)
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (6 to 7 scallions)
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves (18 to 20 leaves)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread them in one layer. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
For the dressing, place the mayonnaise, scallions, basil, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and process just until blended. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. Serve as a dip for the shrimp with the celery sticks.
2014, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved