- 2 pounds mixed wild mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake, porcini, and portobello
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots (4 large)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
Brush the caps of each mushroom with a clean sponge. Remove and discard the stems. Slice the small mushrooms thickly and cut the large ones in a large dice.
Heat the olive oil in a large (11 - inch) Dutch oven or saucepan. Add the shallots and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the shallots are translucent. Add the butter, mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, until they are tender and begin to release their juices, stirring often. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Toss in the parsley, sprinkle with salt, and serve warm.