Tomato Sandwich with Basil Mayonnaise
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 10 to 15 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 slices country loaf bread
- 1 heirloom or Israeli tomato, sliced
bread slice. Place the remaining slice of bread, mayonnaise side down, on top of the tomato. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.
Flag as inappropriate
Thank you! your flag was submitted.