Ina Garten's Guacamole
- 4 ripe hass avocados
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 8 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and small-diced
- Multigrain chips, for serving
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a large bowl. Immediately add the lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and toss well. Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomato. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper. Serve with chips.
Photograph by Kang Kim
Thank you! your flag was submitted.