Eggnog Ice Pops: Coquito
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large pasteurized egg yolk (see Note)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup light rum
- Special equipment: Wooden ice pop sticks
Place all of the ingredients in a blender jar and blend to combine. Pour into a ice pop mold and insert wooden sticks. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
Cook's Note: Do be aware this recipe calls for a raw egg yolk, so please use pasteurized eggs. But if you prefer, you can substitute the egg yolk with 2 tablespoons store-bought egg nog.
Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann, 2008