Spinach and Walnut Salad with Thyme Vinaigrette
- 1 (9-ounce) bag spinach or baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Thyme Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the salad:
DirectionsTo prepare the salad:
Put the spinach in a salad bowl and arrange the orange segments and walnuts decoratively on top.To prepare the vinaigrette:
In a small clean bowl, using a wire whisk, mix the vinegar, sugar and thyme. Drizzle in the oil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Drizzle the thyme vinaigrette over the salad and serve.