White Kiwi Sangria
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
- 1 cup orange liqueur, see Cook's Note*
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 kiwis, peeled and cut in thin slices (save a few slices for garnish)
- 2 green apples with skin, cored and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups green seedless grapes
- 1 bottle soda water (1 liter)
- Ice cubes
A small saucepan, heat the water, add the sugar and stir to dissolve to make a simple syrup.
In a large pitcher, combine the white wine, the Triple Sec the lemon juice, the kiwis, the apples and the grapes. Add the simple syrup, the soda water and the ice. Stir and serve in sangria glasses decorated with a kiwi slice.
*Cook's Note: We suggest using Cointreau as your orange liqueur for the best tasting White Kiwi Sangria.
Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann