- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) container fresh mozzarella (recommended: Ciliegine)
- 1 bunch large fresh basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Eros Pista or fresh Hungarian paprika (recommended: Univer), optional
- Special Equipment: 4 (18-inch) metal skewers
Preheat a grill to medium heat.
To make the sauce, pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and reduce very slowly on low heat. Stir occasionally until it reduced to the consistency of syrup, approximately 10 minutes.
Onto a skewer, layer 1 cherry tomato, 1 piece of fresh mozzarella and 1 large folded basil leaf. Repeat this pattern until 2 inches are left on the end of the skewer. Push the ingredients down towards the bottom tip for easy handling of the tops. Repeat with the remaining skewers and ingredients. When the skewers are ready to grill, put them onto a large piece of foil, brush them with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the sheet of foil with the skewers onto the grill and shut the lid until the cheese begins to melt, about 3 minutes. When finished, pull the skewers from the heat by gripping the sides of the foil. Drizzle each skewer evenly with the balsamic reduction and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of Eros Pista. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.