- 64 ounces lager (recommended: Harp Lager)
- 25 ounces chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 2 pounds peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 6 ounces water
- 1 pound Cheddar, shredded
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese sauce
Add the beer, chicken stock, onion powder and white pepper to a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Whisk the cornstarch mixture to the soup and reduce the heat to low. Stir in the shredded Cheddar, 1 handful at a time. Turn off heat and whisk in the cheese sauce. Ladle into serving bowls and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.