Italian Sausage Penne Pasta with Tomatoes and Peas and Sweet Corn Salad
- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced and divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 6 cups plus 6 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup basil, julienned and divided
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 pounds penne pasta
- 3 ears corn, blanched
- Salt and pepper
In a saucepan cook the sausage until almost finished and remove from the saucepan. To the saucepan add 1/4 cup of olive oil and heat. Then add 1 cup of onions, oregano and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Then add 6 cups of tomatoes, parsley and 1/4 cup of basil. Simmer for 5 minutes than add back to the sausage and simmer for 10 minutes then add the peas. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Toss pasta with the sausage, add 1/2 cup of basil and season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.