Kentucky Hot Brown
- 4 ounces butter
- Flour to make a roux (about 6 tablespoons)
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1 ounce whipped cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Sauteed mushrooms
- 1 whole tomato, sliced
- Slices roast turkey
- 8 to 12 slices of toast (may be trimmed)
- 8 to 12 strips fried bacon
Remove from heat. Fold in whipped cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For each Hot Brown, place 2 slices of toast on a metal (or flameproof) dish. Cover the toast with mushrooms and thinly sliced tomatoes, then cover with a liberal amount of turkey. Pour a generous amount of sauce over the turkey and toast. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan. Place entire dish under a broiler until the sauce is speckled brown and bubbly. Remove from broiler, cross 2 pieces of bacon on top and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.