Kevin Garnett Burger
- Chili topping:
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (12.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 7 ounce burger patties
- Hamburger buns
- Sour cream, for serving
- Grated Cheddar cheese, for serving
In a large saucepot over medium-high heat, combine all chili ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
On a grill or griddle, cook the burgers to your preferred temperature. Lightly toast the burger buns in a toaster or oven.
Serve the burgers topped with a generous helping of chili. Serve with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Billy and Karen Bartley, owners of Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage in Cambridge, MA.