- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (12.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 7 ounce burger patties
- Hamburger buns
- Sour cream, for serving
- Grated Cheddar cheese, for serving
In a large saucepot over medium-high heat, combine all chili ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
On a grill or griddle, cook the burgers to your preferred temperature. Lightly toast the burger buns in a toaster or oven.
Serve the burgers topped with a generous helping of chili. Serve with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.