- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 8 ounces dark beer (recommended: Modelo Negra)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (recommended: Colmans)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dredging
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 pounds codfish, cut into serving pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 white corn tortillas
- Chipotle Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- Shredded cabbage
In a deep-fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, heat enough vegetable oil to come halfway up the sides of the pot, to 375 degrees F. Dredge the fish pieces in flour and then into the batter and fry until golden brown. Remove from the oil to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan and warm the tortillas. Spread each tortilla with a tablespoon of Chipotle Mayonnaise and arrange a piece of fried fish on top. Add some shredded cabbage to each tortilla and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chipotle chili puree
- Pinch kosher salt