Easy Chile Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 3 whole chiles de arbol or thai chiles, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the tomatillos,
onion, garlic, and chiles. Cook for about 7 minutes until the tomatillo skins are browned.
Carefully peel the garlic cloves and transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the cilantro and 1 cup of water. Process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the salsa into a serving bowl and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid