Fun Fruit Sushi
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup mini-marshmallows
- 2 cups cooked rice (any)
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint fruit medley, like strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, and cantaloupe
- Thinly sliced mini chocolate chips and toasted shredded coconut, for topping sushi, optional
- Special equipment: Nigiri sushi mold or plastic ice cube tray
To make sweet sticky "sushi" rice: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and marshmallows until completely soft. Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked rice until well blended. Spray the nigiri mold or ice cube tray lightly with nonstick spray. Take slices of the fruit medley and place in the bottom of the mold or ice cube tray. Spoon in rice and press gently into the fruit. Unmold the "sushi" and top with mini chocolate chips and toasted coconut, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.