Grilled Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze and Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Peaches:
- 2 peaches, ripe but firm, halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sweet white wine, such as marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Grilled Pound Cake:
- 1/2 store-bought pound cake, sliced into 2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
For the grilled peaches: Prepare the grill to high heat. Lightly brush the cut sides of the peaches with the oil. Grill the peaches, cut-side down, until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes on each side.
For the grilled pound cake: Preheat the grill to high heat. Lightly brush each slice of the cake with the butter on both sides. Place the cake on the grill and cook, about 2 minutes each side. Rotate each cake slice a quarter turn after 1 minute to create a crosshatch of grill marks.
For the cream cheese glaze: Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest and orange juice in a medium bowl. Beat until smooth using a fork or electric mixer.
Spread the cream cheese glaze on the grilled pound cakes. Place the grilled peaches on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy Melissa d'Arabian