Grilled Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze and Grilled Peaches
- Grilled Peaches:
- 2 peaches, ripe but firm, halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sweet white wine, such as marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Grilled Pound Cake:
- 1/2 store-bought pound cake, sliced into 2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
For the grilled peaches: Prepare the grill to high heat. Lightly brush the cut sides of the peaches with the oil. Grill the peaches, cut-side down, until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes on each side.
For the grilled pound cake: Preheat the grill to high heat. Lightly brush each slice of the cake with the butter on both sides. Place the cake on the grill and cook, about 2 minutes each side. Rotate each cake slice a quarter turn after 1 minute to create a crosshatch of grill marks.
For the cream cheese glaze: Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest and orange juice in a medium bowl. Beat until smooth using a fork or electric mixer.
Spread the cream cheese glaze on the grilled pound cakes. Place the grilled peaches on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian