Pineapple and Avocado Salsa
- 1 (14-ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, drained and juices reserved
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, halved, pitted and flesh cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
In a medium bowl, make the dressing by mixing 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice with the lime juice, honey, oil and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the pineapple and onion. Gently fold in the avocado and cilantro. Let the flavors blend for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.