Bay Scallop and Grapefruit Ceviche with Avocado and Radish
- 3 grapefruit, zested and juiced
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon gray salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh bay scallops
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts only, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup small diced red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 6 cups baby salad greens
- 3 avocados, peeled and medium diced
- 2 English breakfast radishes, sliced thinly on mandolin
DirectionsFor the marinade: For assembly: For the marinade:
Combine all marinade ingredients except for olive oil in the blender. Blend until well combined and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Pour into a bowl and reserve.
In a nonreactive mixing bowl combine the scallops, scallions, onion, peppers, cilantro, and parsley with the marinade. Dress the avocado lightly with some of the leftover marinade. Allow to marinate, covered in the refrigerator, for 2 hours. Place the greens on a large serving plate. Using a slotted spoon, remove the ceviche and place on top of the greens leaving some of the marinade behind. Place the avocado over the greens. Fold the sliced radishes into the ceviche. Drizzle a little of the marinade over the plate and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.