Green Goddess Dressing over Iceberg Wedges
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, grilled and chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon asorbic acid or Vitamin C
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Grey salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut into 5 wedges
In a food processor, combine avocado cubes, lemon or lime juice, basil, tarragon, garlic, and asorbic acid. Blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in olive oil to make a thick, creamy dressing. If dressing is too thick to pour, add water, a few tablespoons at a time, to reach the desired consistency. Pour into a bowl, season, to taste, with salt and pepper and cover. Refrigerate until chilled.
To serve, pour dressing over iceberg wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.