Spoon-Fed Bloody Mary with Grilled Lemon Skewers
- To serve:
- 8 lemon wedges
- 4 celery stalks, cut in 1/2
- For the Bloody Mary:
- 4 pounds ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 3/4-inch pieces, chilled
- 1 to 2 jalapeno chiles, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup celery, preferably inner stalks, diced small
- 1 cup fennel, diced small (can use cucumber instead)
- 1 cup ripe tomato, diced small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 bottle vodka or gin, preferably kept in the freezer
8 large toothpicks or small skewersFor the Bloody Mary:
Pour the tomato mixture into a large pitcher and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cook's Notes: If you don't have a juicer or you're short of time, you can ask your natural-foods grocer to juice up this combo for you. It will also save you clean-up time.
Entertaining Notes: You can juice the ingredients 1 day in advance of serving. Cover tightly and refrigerate until serving.
Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello