- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pound lamb meat, 1/2 to 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup (about) tomato paste
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Remove stems and seeds from jalapenos (wear gloves!).
Melt butter in large pot. Cook onion until soft and golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add spice paste and lamb, and cook 5 to 7 minutes stirring often.
Add tomato paste, broth and salt. Bring to a simmer, stir occasionally, and cook 30 minutes.
Add peas and cook 5 minutes more. Serve and be hooked!
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Chris and Louie Canelakes, owner's at Louie's in Dallas, TX.