Chocolate and Peanut Granola
- 1/4 cup best quality cocoa
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup apple compote or applesauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup clover honey or other runny honey
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or sunflower oil
Preheat oven to 310 degrees F.
Mix everything together very well in a large mixing bowl. Spread the mixture evenly in 2 baking tins and bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, turning over half-way through baking. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.