Orange Chile Noodles
- 12 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet hot chile sauce (nuoc cham ga or mae ploy, a Thai condiment)
- Chopped scallions, for garnish, optional
In a stockpot over high heat, bring about 8 cups of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain well and place in large bowl. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over the noodles and toss well. Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped scallions, if using.
Recipe courtesy Caprial Pence