- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt, plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound red mustard greens, chopped (green mustard, baby spinach, or mild arugula may be substituted)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons salt. When the water returns to a boil, stir in the orzo and cook until al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes. Drain well.
Return the cooked orzo to the pot, stir in the butter, and place over high heat. Add the mustard greens and lemon zest and cook, stirring until the greens wilt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with the freshly grated cheese on top.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories 525; Total Fat 19 g; (Sat Fat 11 g, Mono Fat 2 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 21 g; Carb 70 g; Fiber 7 g; Cholesterol 48 mg; Sodium 595 mg