For the Salmon:
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin off and pin bones removed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the mousse:
- 1 pound soft cream cheese
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salmon:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Season salmon fillet with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely, the chill for at least 30 minutes.
Cooks Note: This mousse can be piped onto a cracker using a pastry bag, or served as a dip for vegetables.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.