- 1 (16-ounce) package whole-wheat linguine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small eggplant, sliced into small chunks, about 2 cups
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced, for garnish
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, heat canola oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add onion, red pepper, ginger, eggplant and cook for about 1 minute. Add garlic, broccoli, tomatoes, and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain pasta. Add it and the chicken to the vegetable mixture, toss and cook for another minute.
Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with scallions.