- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup grated sharp yellow Cheddar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cayenne together using a whisk. Add the herbs, cheese and buttermilk. Stir together until dough forms. Once dough has formed, using an ice cream scooper, scoop out dough onto baking tray. With a brush, lightly butter tops. Bake for 15 minutes.