Neely's Zucchini Gratin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 zucchini, sliced into half moons 1/4-inch thick
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup grated sharp white Cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 by 8-inch casserole dish.
In a large heavy bottomed saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onion and garlic until translucent. Add zucchini and tomatoes, about 7 minutes Add thyme, and flour. Season with salt and pepper. Add mixture to the buttered casserole dish.
In a medium size bowl, add brown sugar, eggs, and half-and-half. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the milk mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle with both of the cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys