Peanut Butter Pie
- Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Peanut Butter Pie:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, plus whipped cream, for garnish, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces shaved milk chocolate
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- 1 (9-inch) baked chocolate cookie pie crust
Sauce: Add the cream, brown sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract to a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chopped chocolate. Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and the sauce has thickened, roughly 3 to 4 minutes. Let the sauce cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Pie: In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar and the peanut butter until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until thick and light. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
If desired, serve with the hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, and chopped peanuts.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys