Peanut Butter Pie
- Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Peanut Butter Pie:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, plus whipped cream, for garnish, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces shaved milk chocolate
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- 1 (9-inch) baked chocolate cookie pie crust
Sauce: Add the cream, brown sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract to a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chopped chocolate. Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and the sauce has thickened, roughly 3 to 4 minutes. Let the sauce cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Pie: In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar and the peanut butter until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until thick and light. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
If desired, serve with the hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, and chopped peanuts.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys