White Chicken Chili
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans white beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 medium poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 limes, juiced, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Sour cream, for topping
- Tortilla chips, coarsely crushed, for topping
Drain and rinse the canned white beans. In a medium bowl, mash half of the beans with a potato masher until chunky. Reserve the beans until needed.
Add the canola oil to a large Dutch oven and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic and saute until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt, and pepper, to taste. Add the cumin, coriander, and chili powder and continue to saute for 1 more minute to toast the spices. Stir in the chicken stock, and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes.
After 20 minutes of simmering, taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary. Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken and cilantro and simmer until heated through, about 5 more minutes. Serve the chili in individual bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, and lime wedges.
Beef Stew With Root Vegetables(00:04:06)
This Spud's for You Too: Soup(00:07:41)
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese(00:03:37)
AB's New England Clam Chowder(00:02:52)
Ree's Chicken Spaghetti(00:03:41)
Schoolday Chicken and Noodles(00:04:04)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.